Saturday, May 5, 2012

pre-buyer's remorse....

....anybody else? argue with yourself for every little thing you want to buy, even when it costs very little? i have done this my whole life. i can remember being 8 years old at a toy store with my birthday money for hours, refusing to buy a single thing. and i'm not one of those people who are all about money. if hubby merely suggests that he thinks something is cool, i run out and get it for him. when i visit my mom for a long weekend, i love going out to eat with her, shopping, etc.

but when there is something that i really want, i find it almost impossible to just buy it. and the more i want it, the more i convince myself i shouldn't get it. i'm not sure if i don't think i deserve it (cause i don't feel that way overtly, at least) or what. but it's stopped me from getting a few great pieces for my house or my closet. i can barely buy lipstick at the target because my FAVORITE shade is like 7 bucks, and i know i can get something else cheaper (but usually uglier. and then i WASTED money buying the cheaper lipstick i hate because i go back for my fav anyway). and i know hubby gets annoyed having to constantly reassure me that it's okay to get something.

so yesterday, I DID IT! i wanted a pair of shoes, and only had to argue with myself for 10 minutes before i (with hubby's encouragement) pulled the trigger. and now i can't wait for them to come in. because for 50 bucks, you can bet i will be wearing these bad boys with everything!

so, anybody else? have a tough time "splurging" on things you really want?
Pinned Image
i've wanted oxfords forever! from modcloth.com

No comments:

Post a Comment